Thursday, October 27

Every girls dream ...

It is every girl's dream to have a flawless complexion.
I am just one of the few active ones
like many others I have tried many different products ranging from the cheap ones to the more costly ones.
I have to say that its more of a psychological factors that makes people thinks that the more expensive products always works better, though at times it really doesn't work this way.
For all girls sake, I want to share my all time favorite beauty product!


1. Himalaya Neem Facial Wash
This product has been my companion for more than 3years, it really works well for me.
I go for facials once every 3 months or so. I started using this product as my facial artist told me that I should look for more gel-base products as i'm prone to having clog oil glands (which is those little tiny bits beside your nose bridge).
The facial wash contains tumeric which is a spice used in most indian food, at the same time it is also a good ingredients that will help get rid of your acne. (takes many wash to see the results) at the same time this product is really affordable. You can get it easily for less than $10 at any Watson/Guardian.


2. Hada Labo Hydrating & Whitening Lotion
Toner is one of the few must-have skin before moisturizing.
I tried BodyShop Vitamin E Toner but it's was too oily & sticky
I tired Garnier apple toner but I think it has too much alcohol content
Thus, after seeing Hada Labo's advertisement, I decided to give it a try.
I think its wonderful, it isn't oily, isn't sticky.
Plus, you really just have to apply it according to what's shown on TV.
Pat them onto you skin for it to absorb, DON'T rub in.

They have many different types of lotion, so chose the one that suits u.
- Hydrating Lotion
- Hydrating & Whitening Lotion (the one i'm using)
- Hydrating & Firming Lotion with Collagen

Can be obtained at any Watson/Guadian @ <$18


3. Bodyshop Vitamin C Skin Boost Serum
I have tried several moisturizers like Neutrogena gel moisturizer, Garnier Essence, Laneige Skin Serum, EL-Elohim Serum (from my facial shop, which i'm still using)
But the bodyshop one is really one of the best!
Although I really love the EL-Elohim one from my facial shop, but it's too costly for a student like me. It's $120 for a bottle, I can't bear with such cost.
I got a sample from Bodyshop for this Vitamin C skin booster Serum, I tried them while I was in Thailand. I love how the texture isn't like all the other serum, it isn't sticky, feels abit oil-based and is easy to spread on. You only need a punch everytime.
Usually some moisturizer will start to make my face really oily after 3-4 hours.
But this Bodyshop one really works well for me.
You can get a sample from Bodyshop to give it a try before you buy them.
Get them at any Bodyshop outlet @ less than $50 for a bottle.

4. Clarins Ecran Multi-Protection Sunblock SPF 40
Dermatologist suggests that everyone used a sunblock with at least SPF 15.
Chose one that also provides protection against UVA & UVB
Apply sunblock generally 30mins before leaving your place or before sun exposure.
Well always avoid direct exposure to sun during 11am - 3pm where they are the strongest!
refer to this website http://www.rei.com/expertadvice/articles/sunscreen.html for more info.

After trying several different sunblocks like Biore, Avene etc.
I highly recommend the Clarins one.
Sunblock are always sticky as they contain SPF & they are generally smelly or has some swimming pool smell. HAHA!
So this Clarins sunblock really surprise me!
it has a powdery smell, it is smooth when applied & does not gives me a sticky feel throughout!
Plus, it contain Ecran some kind of melon that is a natural fruit extract to fight against sun-rays.

Available at all Clarins counter @ <$75


PS: all skin care products works better for different people.
This are just my suggestions! Hope they work well for you too :)

No comments: